Look at the masthead of this website and note the DONATE NOW button. We have moved it to a place of prominence to signal our need for your support. Click on that button and it will take you to our SUPPORT page. There you can read about the different ways you can support the young preachers who attend our festivals and camps.
Here are some of the comments our young preachers wrote about their experience at the National Festival of Young Preachers this past January:
- The Festival has opened my eyes to a deeper and more authentic view of what preaching is and can be.
- It has made me experience the Gospel in new ways. I see with new eyes, I hear with new ears, and I preach with new lips because of my experiences at the Festivals.
- It has challenged me to be a better preacher, introduced me to some of the best preachers in my peer group, broaden my perspectives on what preaching is and how it can be done, and has encouraged me to work diligently and closely with ministers who come from outside of my own Christian tradition.
- It has affirmed my call and gift, and re-ignited the passion within me.
- It has shown me a passion that I didn’t see before, a new pathway to talk with Jesus.
These young people need your help and your support.
Chief among the giving options is the PayPal strategy. July is our PayPal month when we ask you to donate on line during the month of July.
But we have people who use PayPal every month; the monthly commitment is the most important strategy for supporting the AoP. Will you consider giving a set amount each month to the Academy of Preachers?
You can designate your gift to support the Texas Regional Festival of Young Preachers (Austin, September 28-29) or the UE Regional Festival of Young Preachers (Evansville, November 2-3) or the National Festival of Young Preachers (Atlanta January 2-5, 2013).
We are also looking for donors for the Beeson Festival of Young Preachers (Birmingham, October 1-2) and the Georgetown Festival of Young Preachers (Georgetown, October 15).
Your gift of $100 enables one young preacher to attend a campus or regional festival; your gift of $500 makes it possible for one young preacher to attend the four-day National Festival in January.
Join us in identifying, networking, supporting and inspiring a generation of young people who are following a call to preach the gospel.