The Academy of Preachers is eager to collaborate with schools (or congregations) to sponsor a Campus or Denominational Festival of Young Preachers. A Campus Festival is an event scheduled on or near a campus during which Young Preachers, generally associated with the school, community, or organization, gather to preach; Denominational Festivals focus on a particular denominational tradition, such as United Methodist, Roman Catholic, or Baptist. Campus and Denominational Festivals are planned and managed by the hosting school or institution with the support of the Academy of Preachers; a “Festival in a Box” full of materials and resources is available to the hosting organization or institution (at a cost of $200). We invite any school–high school, college, university or seminary–to contact us and make plans to jointly sponsor such an event.
There are “Six Marks” that make a Campus or Denominational Festival an AoP-recognized event:
- Purchase the AoP Festival in a Box ($200). This original resource kit provides you with posters, lanyards, t-shirts, books, promotional material, and a whole set of supporting materials in digital form that will guide you in planning, hosting, and evaluating your event. Call (502) 245-9793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. (This $200 purchase price can be applied to the $500 iPartner annual dues.)
- Post the AoP logo or icon on your web site and/or print it on your Campus or Denominational Festival materials (poster, program, schedule, etc). This connects you with the national organization and with other schools that join in our mission to Identify, Network, Support and Inspire young people in the call to gospel preaching. The AoP logo and other AoP graphics and imagery that you may use are included in the Festival in a Box; they are all registered trademarks.
- Use AoP Festival protocols. These include use of a preaching theme and selection of biblical texts for preaching; focus on Young Preachers (however you define that); use of preaching mentors, sessions conveners, and sermon evaluators; and promotion of the National Festival of Young Preachers.
- Invite an AoP representative to participate in your Campus or Denominational Festival. Our representative might be one of our AoP staff, one of our young Gospel Catalysts, or even one of the 512 Young Preachers who have committed to the Covenant of Gospel Preaching. We are happy to staff a registration table, take pictures, evaluate sermons, and speak about the National Festival.
- Give a scholarship to the National Festival of Young Preachers. Set aside some money (we recommend $300-$500 per scholarship) and present it to one of your Young Preachers. How you select that scholarship recipient is up to you (you may choose to go by quality of preaching, availability to attend the national Festival, or hold a drawing at random to select each scholarship recipient). When you present such a scholarship the Academy of Preachers will match it with a second scholarship of the same amount.
- Complete a online report of your event. A short and simple report form will be emailed to you after your Festival. (A copy is contained in the Festival in a Box.) This information helps us keep track of what is going on in Festivals around the country.